ASIC Repair Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
Updated Jul 11th, 2022
Article 1. Service Overview
This Agreement applies to the service that McDaniel Innovations LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Manifold Mining”) provides to repair ASIC Cryptocurrency Miners (hereinafter referred to as “ASIC Miners” or “requested item” or “Product”) by repairing, replacing, or bypassing faulty or damaged components, connectors, and physical damage to restore miners or their components to working order (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
Manifold Mining provides the Service in accordance with this Agreement, and customers apply for the Service after they have consented to this Agreement.
Article 2. Service Coverage
This Service covers only specific requested item models at the discretion of Manifold Mining.
Article 3. Sending for Maintenance
At present, we provide services via mail. You should, at your own expense, deliver the product to our service center in accordance with our instructions. Using sea freight to deliver defective product is not allowed as the ASIC Miners are susceptible to moisture damage.
Before delivering the Product, please backup and delete personal data, software programs or any other information (collectively, “Data”). During Service, it is possible that your Data will be lost or damaged or we may send you a Replacement Product, and we do not take responsibility for damage or loss of Data.
Damage incurred during shipping to Manifold Mining is not the responsibility of Manifold Mining. Failure to properly pack the Products for transportation (including unpacked Product, Product without sufficient cushioning, inappropriate packaging materials, etc.) can cause damage in shipping. You may want to consider insuring your package in case of damage or loss during transportation. In addition, you will be charged return freight for the repaired or replacement products.
We retain the right to refuse servicing your Product for various reasons including:
You have not created a Repair Ticket properly or at all.
You have not paid the freight.
The Product is damaged during transportation.
The Product is too heavily damaged to be repaired.
We may, as a courtesy, still provide Service, but you are responsible for the freight and risk of loss of, or damage to, the Product during transportation.
You agree that we have the sole discretion to choose whether to repair or replace the Product or any part thereof.
If you send the hash boards separately for repair, please note that due to technical reasons, the performance of repaired hash boards may differ from the original hash boards.
Article 4. Maintenance and Repair Policies
1. Free Maintenance
a. If your Product was purchased from Manifold Mining and is under warranty and subject to the terms of this Policy, we will service the Product free of charge and will pay for the return freight.
b. You should create a Repair Ticket on our website within the warranty period (the time of the Repair Ticket will be shown on the website) and deliver the Product to the service location of your choice as identified in the Repair Ticket within 15 days from the date of the Repair Ticket. If the Product does not arrive at the service location on time, we will determine whether the Product is within the warranty period based on the actual arrival date.
a. We reserve the right to make such diagnoses as may be necessary in order to determine the cause of the defect and will not provide repair Service under the following circumstances:
i. Product has been lost before the arrival at the service location;
ii. Product is damaged due to the use of third-party over-frequency software;
iii. Any Product other than those listed as eligible for repair on www.manifoldservice.com;
iv. Scratches or other cosmetic damage to Product surfaces that do not affect the operation of the Product;
v. Scrap: including but not limited to, burned boards, corrosion/oxidation of Products, disconnection of chip pins, PCB breakage, board via holes blockage, and the use of POE switches, etc. For more details, please refer to the website: https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/220667768-Warranty-is-void-when-hash-board-damaged-beyond-repair;
vi. Fraud as determined by us, including, but not limited to, deliberately forging or replacing barcodes of Products or parts, or other attempts to obtain After-Sales Maintenance Service that the Customer is not otherwise entitled to. Products and parts that do not have the original barcodes will not be eligible for Maintenance.
vii. If we determine that the Product meet the Non-maintenance criteria, such Product will be returned at your own cost. Further, any storage fee (if any) shall also be borne by you before your Product is returned.
3. Maintenance with Charges
a. We reserve the right to charge fees for repair Services even for products purchased from Manifold Mining under the following circumstances:
i. Product with an expired warranty, including
1. the warranty of the Product has expired when the Repair Ticket is created ( as such date is indicated on this website); or
2. the Product does not arrive at the service location within the time period described in Section 4.1.2 of this Policy, and the warranty of the Product has expired when the Product arrives at the service location.
ii. Voided warranty due to:
1. Product damage caused by improper installation, use and maintenance;
2. Product damage or failure caused by dropping, accident, theft, abuse, negligence, improper operation;
3. Product damage caused by physical interference, including but not limited to, moisture, fire, flood, lightning, transportation, and extreme environment;
4. The entire Product, the board, or components of the board are crushed, broken, burnt, dropped, damaged due to improper operation;
5. Product damage caused by overvoltage or undervoltage or leakage;
6. Product damage caused by significant higher or lower ambient temperature exposure;
7. Product damage caused by humidity, oxidation, corrosion and short circuit to the Product, units or any part thereof;
8. Product damage or loss caused by natural disasters, including, but not limited to, floods, lightning, fires, earthquakes, tsunamis and lightning strikes, etc.
9. Disassembly or alteration of Product by any person other than us;
10. Product damage or failure caused by the use of power supply, parts or units which are neither supplied by us;
11. Product damage or failure caused by the use of unauthorized firmware or drivers;
12. Product damage resulting from non-commonality and/or incompatibility with current and/or future versions of operating systems, software and/or hardware;
13. Damage or loss of data due to improper use;
14. Direct operation of Product without being connected to drainage assemblies (applicable to Products requiring connection to drainage assemblies);
15. Daily wear and tear;
16. Any reason other than those caused by us that makes it impossible for us to diagnose whether the Product is under warranty.
iii. Product sent for Service without proper packaging, including unpacked Product, Product without sufficient cushioning material, etc. For the suggestion of proper packaging, please refer to the website: 《Packaging Recommendations for Returning ANTMINERS for Repair》
iv. As to the chips missing in the hash boards, you shall bear the cost of the chips replaced in case the hash boards are repairable.
b. For Products that are not entitled to Maintenance free of charge, we will provide you with the estimated charges and return the repaired or replacement products after you have paid for the Maintenance.
4. Risk of Damage
a. The customer accepts the risk of further damage being incurred as part of the repair process. Damaged products can deteriorate further or cause damage to other components during the diagnostic, repair, and testing process. Manifold Mining is not responsible for such damage and is not responsible for reimbursement or replacement in the event of such damage.
Article 5. Parts and Labor
Manifold Mining may provide both parts and labor. In servicing your product, Manifold Mining may use parts or products that are comprised of new and/or previously used genuine parts and have been tested and passed Manifold Mining functional requirements, subject to applicable laws. Manifold Mining will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged during service as its property, and the replacement part or product will become your property. Replaced parts and products are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Manifold Mining for value.
Article 6. Service Fees
To provide this Service, Manifold Mining will charge a service or diagnostic fee as set by Manifold Mining regardless of whether or not any repairs are required.
If the requested item is damaged and Manifold Mining determines that repairs are required, Manifold Mining may charge a separate repair fee as set by Manifold Mining pursuant to the provisions of the warranty that accompanied the requested item.
Service fees must be paid in full prior to Manifold Mining returning the product or requested item to the customer.
Customers should pay for Service fees in US dollars within three (3) calendar days after we have provided an invoice. We will only deliver the requested item after receiving your payment. We reserve the right to change the method of payment and you should refer to the payment instruction indicated on this website.
If you fail to pay the applicable service fees within thirty-five (35) calendar days after we have provided the fee estimate, we will charge you an additional storage fee commencing the 36th calendar day after we have provided the fee estimate at a rate of USD [$1.5] per day. If you fail to pay the applicable service fees within ninety-five (95) calendar days after we have provided the fee estimate, we will notify you that it considers your requested item to be abandoned, we may dispose of your requested item in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and, specifically, may sell your requested item at a private or public sale to pay for any outstanding Services performed. We reserve our statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
6. If any requested item is stored at our service location, including due to your failure to create Repair Ticket or any inconsistency between Repair Ticket and the transportation, we will collect storage fees commencing the [36th] day after receiving the requested item. If you fail to pay the applicable service fees within ninety-five (95) calendar days after we have provided the fee estimate, we will notify you that it considers your requested item to be abandoned, we may dispose of your requested item in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and, specifically, may sell your requested item at a private or public sale to pay for any outstanding Services performed. We reserve our statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
Article 7. Substitute Device
The provision of a substitute device or loaned equipment during the time that a customer has consigned the requested item with Manifold Mining is not included in this Service, and Manifold Mining assumes no obligation to the customer to provide such devices.
Article 8. Handling of Retrieved Components
Manifold Mining will collect any components retrieved from the requested item in the course of providing this Service. Any retrieved components are the property of Manifold Mining which may scrap or otherwise dispose of such components at its discretion.
Article 9. Handling of Personal Information
Manifold Mining may use customer-specific information (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”) that may allow the identification or specification of a customer including a customer’s address, name, telephone number or other information that a customer provides by telephone or other means of communication for the purpose of providing this Service.
Manifold Mining may disclose any personal information provided by a customer to Manifold Mining companies, Manifold Mining-designated service companies, couriers and other business partners.
Personal information that a customer provides may be furnished in cases where a request for such disclosure has been presented in accordance with laws or regulations.
When Manifold Mining determines that it is no longer necessary to continue to maintain a customer’s personal information as the objectives for such use have been achieved, Manifold Mining may delete the customer’s personal information.